A source rich in essential fatty acids that help to restore the skin’s natural moisture levels. The high concentration of oleic acid and the presence of antioxidants make it a key element in the reconstruction of cell membranes and therefore in the regeneration of the epidermis, a process without which our skin would look dull and lacking in vitality.
Due to its characteristic texture, it helps to create a protective film that fulfils a double function: avoiding dehydration and protecting skin from external aggressions.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), centella asiatica preparations are indicated by topical application for healing, especially to accelerate the healing of post-traumatic and post-operative wounds.
It has been proven that the triterpenic fraction of centella asiatica improves alterations of the venous vessel wall (fleboprotector effect) and microcirculation, reducing capillary permeability and increasing vascular resistance.
It is a carotenoid from the same family as beta-carotene which produces its characteristic red colour. Lycopene is a natural UV blocker and in combination with its antioxidant properties has become one of the most important ingredients in skin treatments.
It possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
It works by balancing melanin production and evens skin tone.
Rosehip oil has six characteristic dermatological properties:
1. Regenerative: activates cell regeneration in skin damage or scars and makes the cell membrane permeable.
2. Moisturizing: slows down transdermal water loss and restores the skin's lipid barrier.
3. Anti-inflammatory: modulates immunological mechanisms and microvasculature.
4. Revitalizing and reepithelizing: stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in fibroblasts, maintaining the flexibility of the skin.
5. Antioxidant: blocks the activity of free radicals due to the presence of traces of antioxidants.
6. Depigmenting: evenly distributes melanin due to the presence of natural trans-retinoic acid.
On having a higher concentration of licopene, Licotop rosehip oil has greater antioxidant activity and increased effectiveness against free radicals. Its healing power is greater than normal rosehip oil.
1. Activates the circulation of the skin and has healing and astringent effects. Used for dermatitis, eczema, dry skin and wrinkles.
3. Venotonic. Contracts the walls of veins, activating the blood circulation inside. It is very useful in the case of varicose veins, heavy legs and haemorrhoids.
It is an active ingredient widely used in cosmetics that comes from chamomile essential oil whose most important properties are:
1. High desensitizing and soothing power, making it very well suited for treating particularly sensitive skin.
2. It is a powerful anti-inflammatory: combined with the above properties, its use as a common ingredient is justified in products designed for anti-inflammatory purposes such as those used for post-laser and other aggressive treatments on the skin.
3. It is very effective for combating or preventing irritation and redness and also has softening properties.
4. Protects skin from damage caused by free radicals and is therefore ideal for restoring the skin’s feeling of wellbeing.
Calendula is very often used in the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema and small red patches. Having excellent healing properties, it helps heal small open sores and wounds.
It is effective for reducing pain due to its soothing properties and widely used in the treatment of inflammatory syndromes of a vascular type, such as varicose veins, haemorrhoids and proctitis.